The Hill's

The Hill's
Reed, Connie, and Elisabeth

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

FINALLY!!!! An Update!!!!

Ok. So now that I got my blog working only because I found out, "They have an app for that," I can now update it on my phone even though it still won't work on the computer. Anyway, back to what the real update is all about. At this point we are at 20 weeks along. Yeah half way there!!!! So the last several appointments for the baby need updates. Appointment #1 to update is the NT Ultrasound (Nuchal Translucency) back in July. The NT Ultrasound measures the fluid and folds in the babys neck to see the likelyhood of the baby developing Down Syndrome or Trisomy 18. The highest level for DS to still be considered not at risk is 1 in 100 and for T18 it is 1 in 50. I am happy to report that for DS we are 1 in 30,000 and for T18 we are less than 1 in 100,000. This ultrasound included a 2 part blood test which took place in the first and second trimesters. Appointment #2 to updat was back in August. This appt was just to check the baby's heartbeat, which was normal, and to check the sugar level in my urine. Other than that not much else. Now on to Appointment #3 update. We were suppose to have our 20 week ultrasound this last Wednesday on the 5th, but since Reed just got a job we had to reschedule it due to his orientation being at the same time. Luckly when we finally got his schedule we relized that when I rescheduled the appt it is at a time that he can go. So when will we find out what we are having? Well we find out this Friday September 14th at 3:30pm. We are so excited and can hardly wait to find out!!!!!  

Here are just a few of the pics from the NT Ultrsound on July 23, 2012.






2 comments:

  1. Congrats. It sounds like everything is going well. Would love to know where daddy got a job. That is awesome news. Are you in school and how is that going? Sounds like the Hill family is a happy family!!! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He got a Job up in Auburn as a CNA at Westview Healcare Center. Yes I am going to school Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's going great. I'm only taking one class and one Institute class.

    ReplyDelete